PST users often face corruption or excessive file size issues. Due to this, it becomes hard to manage data with this file format. The effective solution to this situation is to save its data in a more organized format like CSV. This file format stores the data in a tabular form, which enables easy management of the data.
This write-up will explain how you can convert PST to CSV format. There are two solutions to execute the process. To accelerate this process, you can use the professional PST Converter for mac. Before that, let us understand some common reasons to export PST to CSV on Mac.
Reasons to Convert PST to CSV Format
Following are the common reasons to turn the PST files in the CSV format:-
- CSV stores data in a more organizable form.
- PST files often exceed their maximum size and get prone to corruption.
- CSV files are easily sharable in comparison to PST.
- Users can easily manage the data in CSV format.
After going through the reasons part, it’s time to check out some prime solutions to migrate Outlook PST data to CSV. In the first section, we will talk about the manual key and thereafter will proceed toward the professional method. Examine both of them to decide on a better solution.
Manual Solution to Convert Outlook PST to CSV
Follow the manual steps to migrate Outlook PST data to CSV without any hurdles.
- Go to Microsoft Outlook on your macOS.
- Import all the PST files into MS Outlook.
- Once you are done importing the files, click on the File menu.
- Click on the Open button and select the Export/Import button.
- Tap the Export button and after that, click the Next button.
- Hit on the Comma Separated Value and tap Next to proceed further.
- Select contacts from the added PST account and click Next.
- After that, assign the desired destination of the resulting file/folder.
- Lastly, click the Next button and then the Finish button to start the procedure.
This manual solution has various loopholes which are stated below.
Loopholes of the Manual Solution
- The solution is way too tricky to implement.
- You need to pre-install MS Outlook for mac on your system.
- You cannot remove similar mail items from the conversion process.
- It is a lengthy process and requires expert guidance.
To escape from these limitations, you can use another method.
How to Convert PST to CSV without Outlook?
MacSonik Outlook PST Converter is the best solution to convert PST to CSV format quickly. This application works effortlessly and can convert Outlook PST to PDF, MBOX, HTML, and multiple file formats without the need for MS Outlook. It is developed with advanced features which smoothen the conversion/migration/backup process. To start using this utility, follow the given step-by-step guide.
Step-by-Step Guide to Export PST to CSV on Mac
- Install and Open the MacSonik PST Converter Software.
- Add the PST files that you want to convert.
- In this new window, tick the folders from the tree-structured list and click Next.
- Pick CSV as the saving format from the drop-down list.
- Provide a custom destination for the resulting file/folder. Apply the necessary features of the tool.
- Lastly, click the Convert button to start the conversion process.
You can also convert PST contacts to CSV in bulk without any single contact mismanagement. It also provides an option to remove duplicate email items from the conversion and migration process. Moreover, users can import PST files to Gmail, Office 365, Amazon WorkMail, and more email clients.
This article includes the top ways to convert PST to CSV files smoothly. The solutions include manual and professional approaches. The manual approach has certain limitations. In this case, if you want to switch to a solution with the least downsides, you can use the professional mac PST Converter tool. It delivers 100% effective and risk-free conversion results.