Gmail is a widely used email client and is the most common mode of email communication among users because of its various prestigious features. The most common question by many Gmail users is “How do I transfer everything from one Google Account to another?” Many users have multiple Gmail accounts used for different purposes. The need to migrate Gmail to another Gmail account arises when they want to avoid switching between multiple Gmail accounts or any other email client.
Users want to continue using this email client because of its user-friendly GUI. They make multiple Gmail accounts for different purposes and then they need to transfer one Gmail email to another. However, they are unaware of the perfect way to migrate Gmail to Gmail. In this blog, we will solve this query and share different techniques to migrate Gmail emails from one account to another on Mac. Let’s start by learning a few of the reasons why users want to transfer Gmail emails to another account.
Reasons to Migrate Gmail to Another Gmail
Every user has different reasons for switching from one gmail account to another. The most common reasons to transfer emails from one account to another are mentioned below.
- Users want to sync two Gmail accounts to access emails with more ease.
- They want to transfer emails from the old Gmail account to the new one to protect old emails from data breaches.
- To backup important emails from a previous account.
- Many users want to switch Gmail from one account to another to meet business needs.
There are various other benefits for which users migrate Gmail accounts to another. In the next section, we will talk about the techniques for transferring Gmail accounts from one to another.
How do I transfer emails from one Gmail account to another in 2022?
The process of switching from one Gmail account to another is easy, but proper steps are needed to know for better results. So, we will share both the manual and professional methods to migrate Gmail to another Gmail account in more detail down below.
#1. Manual Approach to Migrate Gmail Accounts to Another
The manual approach for transferring one Gmail account to another is a two-step process. Follow each and every step accordingly.
Step 1: Enable the POP setting in your Old Gmail Account
- Open a Gmail account on your Mac device.
- Sign in to your account using the credentials.
- Go to Settings and then click on See all Settings.
- In the settings, tap on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP options.
- Now, enable POP for all mail in the POP download section.
- Then, from the drop-down box, opt to keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox.
- Lastly, tap on the Save Changes button.
Step 2: Importing Emails from Old to New Gmail Account
- Sign in to your new Gmail account using the credentials.
- Again, go to the Settings option and click on See all settings from the list.
- Under the settings option, go to the Accounts and Import tab.
- Navigate to Check Mail from the other Accounts section and click on Add a mail account.
- Now, enter the old Gmail account and press Next.
- Select the Import emails from my other account (POP3) option.
- Finally, enter the email account password and other credentials, and then press the Add Account button.
The manual way of transferring emails from one account to another needs good technical knowledge. There are other demerits to this procedure, too that we have mentioned down below.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
The manual approach to migrating Gmail to another Gmail is not an apt solution. It has some limitations due to which many users prefer an automated solution.
- This is not a professional approach in terms of time and complexity.
- While using this method, data integrity can be compromised.
- There can be a repetition of the same emails.
- Mismanagement of data hierarchy can take place.
- It is not suitable for non-technical users.
To eliminate these limitations, many experts prefer using the Email Migrator Tool. As this method bulk migrates Gmail accounts with high data accuracy.
#2. Automated Method to Migrate Gmail to Gmail Account
MacSonik Email Migrator is the best-automated solution to migrate Gmail accounts to another Gmail. This is a prominent tool that can bulk migrate emails from one Gmail to multiple email clients. This method provides a secure migration of Gmail emails without any data alteration. It also provides an option to migrate emails from 15+ email clients to 8+ file formats and from 8+ file formats to 15+ email clients.
Steps to Migrate Gmail to Another Gmail Account
- Run the MacSonik Email Migrator as an Administrator on your Mac device.
- Select Gmail as the required email client for the migration process.
- Enter the credentials of the old Gmail account and then, click on Sign in.
- Next, check the required Gmail folders to migrate and click Next.
- Choose Gmail as the resultant email client from the Migrate As option.
- Login with the new Gmail ID and third-party app password.
- Finally, tap on the convert button to initiate the conversion process.
Advantages of Email Migration Software
- Email Migrator can quickly migrate 20+ email clients/file formats into 25+ multiple webmail clients and file formats.
- It helps to convert only the selective emails.
- Users can also migrate multiple Gmail accounts in bulk.
- The automated method prevents any data alteration.
- It removes any identical emails from the migration process.
In this article, we have talked about both manual and professional approaches to migrating Gmail to another Gmail account on Mac. Due to the limitations of the manual approach, the professional approach is the most preferred solution by many experts and users. This method provides a 100% successful result with high data security and accuracy.