The cost of cloud computing services is based on usage. Similar to the utility, rental car, or hotel industries, customers only pay for the services they use on a monthly basis and do not own any equipment (electricity, cars, or rooms). Similar to the other examples, cloud computing resources are available as needed.
What is the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)?
A collection of Google’s computing, networking, storage, big data, machine learning, and management services, the Google Cloud Platform is supported by the same internal cloud architecture as Google’s consumer products, such as Google Search, Gmail, Photos, and YouTube.
In this Google Cloud Provider video course, a GCP Training expert walks you through all the technical intricacies.
Why Google Cloud Platform?
Now that you have a fundamental grasp of cloud computing and the Google Cloud Platform let’s look at some of the benefits. The Google Cloud Platform is a collection of cloud computing services that has the same underlying architecture as Google’s consumer products like Google Search, Gmail, Google Photos, and YouTube. We are all familiar with the size of the Google Search, YouTube, and Gmail databases.
When to Use Google Cloud Platform:
- The Google Cloud Platform, especially the App Engine PaaS, appeals to developers of cloud-native Web or mobile applications.
- The cloud computing service is well-liked because it is dedicated to performance, innovation, openness, and affordable pricing when start-ups need to scale quickly.
- Google is a terrific solution for cost-conscious enterprises of all kinds, and certainly for hybrid IT customers, when it is challenging to estimate and compare public cloud rates.
- Google is highly skilled in big data analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- Its cloud services are based on the expertise it has gathered from developing some of this industry’s most well-known open-source projects.
- Google’s affordable cloud storage complements these big data capabilities, making this cloud platform suitable for storing massive amounts of data.
- Google is aiming to stand out in the crowded market for container technologies.
- Consider Kubernetes, a Google-designed open-source container management system that is integrated into their cloud and offers strong support for Docker, while searching for cloud-based container technologies.
Features of Google Cloud Platform:
Google recently changed its pricing structure to include per-minute fees and incentives for frequent use. Billing is done minute-by-minute after a 10-minute minimum.
The two hosting options provided by the Cloud Platform are Computer Engine, which provides infrastructure-as-a-service, and App Engine, which provides platform-as-a-service.
Containers are particularly helpful in a PaaS environment since they speed up app deployment and scaling.
4. Big Data
The Google Cloud Platform provides a comprehensive huge data solution in addition to two special tools for processing and analysing big data. First, on terabytes of data, BigQuery supports SQL-like queries. Additionally, Google Cloud Storage makes it simple to bulk load data. Google Cloud Dataflow is the second tool. A data processing pipeline can be created, managed, and given insights using Google Cloud Dataflow, which was also demonstrated during I/O.
The Google Andromeda network virtualization stack serves as the foundation for all Google Cloud Platform networking tools and services.
6. Load Balancing
In order to balance the traffic of numerous compute instances across several geographic regions, Google developed the Cloud Platform HTTP Load Balancing in June.
7. Cloud Debugger
Using the Cloud Debugger, developers may inspect and troubleshoot live code. Developers can access all of a line of code’s variables and parameters when a server request reaches it because they have designated that line of code as a watchpoint.
8. Cloud Trace
With Cloud Trace, performance bottlenecks are easy to find and address. This update’s biggest advantage is that it displays how long it takes for your product to respond to various queries.
In addition to constantly distributing updates and carrying out normal testing, Google additionally configures all virtual machines to live migrate away from maintenance as it is being carried out. Your active instance is immediately migrated by Compute Engine.
10. Cloud Save
Greg DeMichillie, the head of product management for the Google Cloud Platform, announced the Cloud Save API at the 2014 Google I/O developers conference. You can “store and retrieve per-user information” by using the “Cloud Save” feature. Additionally, it enables device syncing with cloud-based data.
Along with the Cloud Platform, Google offers a number of other cloud services. G Suite, a collection of tools for collaboration and productivity, competed with Microsoft Office 365. A platform for creating both web and mobile applications is called Firebase. However, Google now allows users to manage workloads on both Google Compute Engine and Google Kubernetes Engine thanks to a sharp rise in its attention on Anthos-based hybrid and multi-cloud workloads. Google Cloud Platform primarily offers public cloud services.