The ETA (Equipment Type Approval) License issued by the Wireless Planning and Coordination (WPC) department in India is applicable to all wireless devices that operate on radio frequencies. This includes devices such as mobile phones, laptops, Bluetooth devices, wireless microphones, and other similar devices. The ETA License ensures that the wireless device conforms to the applicable Indian radio frequency regulations and is safe to use.
Applicability of ETA License for WPC department
The ETA License is mandatory for all wireless devices sold and operated in India. Without an ETA License, a wireless device cannot be legally used in India. The ETA License is valid for a period of two years, after which it must be renewed.
The WPC department is responsible for regulating the use of radio frequencies in India. They issue ETA Licenses for wireless devices, monitor the use of radio frequencies, and take action against unauthorized use of radio frequencies. The WPC department also ensures that the radio frequencies are used in a manner that does not interfere with other wireless devices or services.
Process of obtaining WPC ETA License
In India, the Wireless Planning and Coordination (WPC) agency is responsible for regulating the use of radio frequencies, including issuing ETA licenses for wireless devices. Here is a complete guide to the requirements for WPC ETA registration for wireless devices in India:
- Determine if your device: Any wireless device that operates on radio frequencies must be registered with WPC. This includes devices such as cell phones, laptops, wireless microphones, Bluetooth devices, and other similar devices.
- Prepare the necessary documents: To apply for WPC ETA registration, you will need to prepare a number of documents. These include a copy of the device’s user manual, a copy of the test report from a government-accredited laboratory, and a copy of the importer’s authorization letter. In addition, you will need to provide a list of countries in which the device will be used.
- Obtain a test report: Before you can apply for WPC ETA registration, you must obtain a test report from a government-accredited laboratory. This report will demonstrate that the device complies with the applicable radio frequency regulations.
- Submit your application: Once you have all of the necessary documents, you can submit your application to WPC. You can do this online through the WPC website or in person at one of their regional offices. Your application should include all of the required documents as well as the applicable fee.
- Wait for approval & issuance: After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by WPC. If everything is in order, they will issue you an ETA license for your device. This license will be valid for a period of two years, after which you will need to renew it.
- Display your license: Once you have received your ETA license, it is important to display it on your device. This will demonstrate to regulators and authorities that your device has been registered and is compliant with the applicable regulations.
In summary, the ETA License issued by the WPC department in India is applicable to all wireless devices that operate on radio frequencies. It is mandatory for all wireless devices sold and operated in India and ensures compliance with Indian radio frequency regulations. The WPC department is responsible for regulating the use of radio frequencies in India and issuing ETA Licenses for wireless devices. However the process of obtaining WPC Registration is a complicated process and its always suggested to consult ETA Consultant like ASC Group who assists the companies throughout the process till the time you obtain ETA Certificate.